HEALTHOLOGY Go Lax Bowel Formula (60 veg caps)
HEALTHOLOGY Go Lax Bowel Formula (60 veg caps)
Healthology - Go Lax Bowel Formula - 60 Vegetable Capsule(s) - NPN: 80096808 --
The colon has two primary functions. First, to help the body eliminate toxins and waste products. Second, the colon works to reabsorb water from the stool.
We should aim to have at least one easy-to-pass, fully evacuated bowel movement per day. If you are having infrequent, difficult-to-pass, or incompletely evacuated bowel movements, then you’re likely experiencing constipation. The causes of constipation are many, with dehydration, inflammation in the gut, unhealthy gut flora, stress, low-fibre diet, and a slow metabolism being common factors
The wave-like contractions and relaxations of muscles that move stool through the bowel is called peristalsis, and diminished peristaltic function can lead to constipation1. When stool sits in the colon for a long period of time, it re-absorbs too much water, making the stool dry, hard, and difficult to pass.
The concern with constipation is that it prevents the proper elimination of harmful waste products from the body. This causes autointoxication, where we reabsorb metabolites from the colon and it leads to a build-up of harmful toxins throughout the body. Constipation and autointoxication lead to symptoms of fatigue, hormonal issues, brain fog, low mood, acne, pain and bloating
Although we should strive to identify and fix the cause(s) of constipation, we may occasionally need additional support to keep our bowels moving regularly. GO-LAX gently and effectively relieves occasional constipation by stimulating the natural peristaltic action of the colon and drawing water into the bowel to soften stool. GO-LAX does not contain purgative herbs like senna and cascara sagrada, which can cause cramping, pain, and are more likely to cause laxative dependence.
Healthy bowel movements are the body’s way of eliminating toxins and waste. If we have infrequent, difficult to pass or incomplete bowel movements, we are not adequately detoxifying the body. This can lead to fatigue, hormonal issues, acne, pain, bloating and inflammation.
It is important to identify and work toward improving the cause of constipation through ensuring proper hydration, fibre intake, physical activity, stress management, and addressing any underlying functional or metabolic issues. Even when we’re doing all the right things, we sometimes need extra support to have healthy, fully evacuated daily bowel movements.
GO-LAX provides a gentle, effective solution for occasional constipation. GO-LAX works to hydrate and soften the stool, promote peristalsis, soothe the gut lining and improve the microbiome. GO-LAX promotes healthy bowel function, without cramping or pain, to support your body’s natural ability to eliminate waste and maintain good overall health.
Each Capsule Contains
- Elemental Magnesium (magnesium hydroxide, magnesium oxide)175mg
- Chinese Rhubarb Root & Rhizome Extract (Rheum palmatum) 10% Rhein100mg
- Cape Aloe Leaf Latex Extract (Aloe ferox) 4% Barbaloin100mg
- Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus rubra - stem bark inner)50mg
- Amla (Phyllanthus emblica – fruit, dried) 6:1 Extract...........(QCE 200mg)33.3mg
- Harad (Terminalia chebula – fruit, dried) 6:1 Extract...........(QCE 200mg)33.3mg
- Belleric (Terminalia bellirica – fruit, dried) 6:1 Extract...........(QCE 200mg)33.3mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hypromellose), Oryza sativa (Rice) hull powder, gum arabic, sunflower oil.
Priority Allergens: None
Healthology does not use genetically modified ingredients. All ingredients are NON-GMO / GMO FREE.
Recommended Dose: Adults: Take a single dose (1 – 2 capsules) with water, at bedtime, two to three times per week.
Allow at least 6-12 hours for laxative effect to occur.
Frequency may be increased up to once daily if results are not observed.
Maintain adequate fluid intake throughout the day.
Take 2 hours before or after taking other medications or health products.
The correct individual dose is the smallest one required to produce a soft-formed stool.
Duration Of Use: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 7 continuous days.
- Do not use this product if you have abnormal constrictions of the gastrointestinal tract, potential or existing intestinal blockage, atonic bowel, appendicitis, inflammatory colon disease, such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, abdominal pain of unknown origin, bile duct obstruction, undiagnosed rectal bleeding, severe dehydration with depleted water or electrolytes, hemorrhoids, diarrhea, or are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not use in patients with cramps, colic, nephritis, or undiagnosed abdominal symptoms such as pain, nausea, vomiting, or fever.
- Consult a health care practitioner if you have faecal impaction, kidney disorder, are taking cardiac medications such as cardiac glycosides or antiarrhythmic medications, thiazide diuretics, corticosteroids, licorice root, or other medications or health products that may aggravate electrolyte balance.
- Reduce dose or stop use if you experience abdominal pain, cramps, spasm, or diarrhea.
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Stop use if hypersensitivity / allergy occurs. May cause cramp-like discomfort in the gastrointestinal tract. At 2 capsules per day some people may experience diarrhea.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have had recent surgery or have upcoming surgery.
- Keep out of reach of children.